About the Journal
The International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media is a new open access and peer-reviewed journal that aims to reflect on the emergence of our progressively immersive media culture with a historical, critical and contemporary perspective. This immersive media culture depends both on state of the art technologies and on historical and archaeological media that once sought to expand our sensory experiences. Stereo technologies (stereoscopic and stereophonic) are an accomplished example of this desire to add a sense of presence to visual and audio experiences, participating in and boosting contemporary technologies.
The International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media welcomes papers addressing one or more of the following themes:
- Stereoscopic and Panoramic Photography;
- Photography, Cinema and Sound Media Archaeologies;
- Media Arts and Immersion;
- Architecture, Virtual and Augmented Realities;
- Urban Sound Devices: Telephones, Headphones, Speakers and Radio;
- Sonic Art and New Technologies;
- Photography and Performance: Intermedia Practices.